How to mark IMD UK 2016
On Saturday 19 November 2016, International Men’s Day is a fantastic opportunity for men and women around the UK to:
- Have some serious fun
- Highlight some serious issues
- Celebrate Britain’s men and boys in all their hairy diversity
Whatever your age, background or beliefs…….
Whatever your race, ability or sexuality
Whether you male, female or none of the above……..
International Men’s Day is your day to enjoy however you want to enjoy it.
You can hold whatever event or celebration* you like to “Make a Difference to Men and Boys”
YOU CAN HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN
- By wearing a stick-on moustache for no good reason all day long
- By having an International Men’s Day party
- Fundraising for a men and boys charity
- By doing something daft – with or without a moustache – to raise money for a local charity that supports men and boys
YOU CAN HIGHLIGHT SOME SERIOUS ISSUES
- By organising an International Men’s Day event in your area
- By using the day to raise awareness of issues facing men and boys
- By taking action to support an existing organisations, campaigns or projects
YOU CAN CELEBRATE MEN AND BOYS IN ALL THEIR HAIRY DIVERSITY
- By organising a “Tash Dash” fun run to raise money or local organisations working with men and boys
- By voting “World’s Greatest Man” event in your workplace, club or community
- By sending an International Men’s Day card to the important men in your life who you want to acknowledge – a relative, friend, neighbour, colleague, stranger or partner
- By taking steps to forgive a man who you haven’t forgiven for something
See how other organisations in the UK celebrated International Men’s Day in 2015 (click here for current events) and in previous years if you need some practical ideas. An overall summary of the month can be found here.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an individual sending a card to man in your life you want to say ‘Thank You’ to, a small group having of men sharing a few beers or a big group of people putting on a great fundraising event, whatever you do this International Men’s Day, make sure you enjoy it.
Please feel free to use the UK IMD logo (below) for all of your publicity material.
It’s your day to celebrate in the way you want to celebrate it.