- This event has passed.
Masculinity in the Workplace Conference 2020
19th November 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£30 – £120
About this Event
Welcome to the Masculinity in the Workplace conference 2020 ‘Virtual Edition’ which will be taking place on the 19th November in conjunction with International Men’s Day.
“ Masculinity in the workplace consistently has more white men attending than any other diversity/inclusion event. Bravo. Now use it to drive change.”
After the success of the last two events, we have taken up the challenge to truly drive change at a leadership level. For us, leadership is not about the corner office. It’s about doing the right thing. It’s about role modelling change and attracting others to follow suit. We need more courageous leadership right now. From everyone.
Put simply, our current leaders don’t always have the insight or skills to lead diverse and inclusive teams. The skillset at the top needs to change. Come along and learn these skills, and be inspired by those showing leadership in 2020.
Join us for a day of panels, keynote speakers and workshops where we will explore:
- What we can learn from covid19 about modern leadership
- How people cope and thrive when their version of masculinity is at odds with the dominant version of masculinity
- Why we still see vulnerability as a weakness when it is fundamental to inclusive leadership
- How we can create more empathetic leaders
- How we can build our own cultural intelligence to ensure that workplaces are inclusive
- How traditional constructs around masculinity getting in the way of us being anti-racist
- How we can break down the barriers that make it hard for men to get support
We have a fantastic lineup of speakers including:
- Christian Thor Larsen, Vice President, LEGO retail
- Gareth Thomas, Former professional rugby player, sporting legend and advocate of gay rights
- Grace Tulip, Research Manager, Opinium
- Leendert Den Hollander, Vice President & General Manager, Coca-Cola European Partners
- Nishma Robb, Marketing Director, Google
- Nora Bank, Change Maker, Utopia
- Robyn Wilder, Journalist & Author. Columnist for Huffington Post UK Parents
- Stuart Heritage, Journalist & Author. Previous author of The Guardian’s ‘Man With a Pram’ column
More speakers to be announced soon.
10:15 Introduction and welcome – Daniele Fiandaca & Roxanne Hobbs
10:30 Keynote: Gareth Thomas will tell us his story about being the first high profile sportsman in the world to come out as gay whilst still playing.
11:15 Research findings from this year’s Masculinity in the Workplace survey presented by Nora Bank and Grace Tulip. With thanks to Opinium
11:30 A fireside chat hosted by Roxanne Hobbs with Robyn Wilder and Stuart Heritage discussing gender, parenting and how we can prevent ourselves from reverting to stereotypes in times of crisis
13:15 Interactive Workshops covering; Masculinity, Leadership, Empathy, Vulnerability, Mental Health and Unconscious Bias. More details below.
15:00 Keynote: Speaker to be announced soon!
15:30 A panel hosted by Nadya Powell discussing how to be an inclusive leader in a pandemic. Our panelists are: Christian Thor Larsen, Leendert Den Hollander & Nishma Robb.
16:15 Closing comments