This year International Men’s Day, which is held on Thursday 19th November 2020.
International Men’s Day in the UK provides a fantastic opportunity for you to:
- Highlight some serious issues effecting men and boys and their wellbeing
- Make a difference to men and boys’ lives
- Raise money for charities supporting men and boys
- Celebrate Britain’s men and boys in all their diversity
- Have some serious fun
A cross November in the UK there is a Parliamentary debate, policy launches, employer days, community events, health days, employee support days, business events, debates, student events, political events, gigs, conferences, competitions, comedy nights and charity fundraisers – the most anywhere in the world.
The UK themes for the Day are always “Making A Difference for Men and Boys” and “How we can give men and boys better life chances”. This includes raising awareness and money for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing.
These themes are designed to help more people consider what action we can all take to “Make A Difference” and “Give men and boys better life chances” by addressing some of the issues that affect Men and Boys such as:
- The high male suicide rate
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education including attainment
- Men’s health, shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care and the high rate of male deaths in custody)
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers
People and organisations do not have to stick to holding an event or celebration on 19 November if they want to mark the day.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an individual sending a card to man in your life you want to say ‘Thank You’ to, a small group having of men sharing a few beers or a big group of people putting on a great fundraising event, whatever you do this International Men’s Day, make sure you enjoy it.
We have suggested some men and boys’ charities you could support.
Please feel free to use the UK IMD logos (below) for all of your publicity material available to download through this link.
It’s your day to celebrate in the way you want to celebrate it.
If you need anymore information, please contact us.