This year, International Men’s Day is held on Saturday 19th November 2022.
Many organisations and people hold events and activities in the week before and the week after, especially if it falls on a weekend like this year (generic undated IMD images can be found in the images section). Please do not be constrained by the day of the week,
The UK themes for the Day which are used every year and help maximise participation are:
- Making a positive difference to the wellbeing and lives of men and boys
- Promoting a positive conversation about men, manhood and masculinity
- Raising awareness and/or funds for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing
These themes are designed to help more organisations and people consider what action they can take by addressing some of the issues that affect Men and Boys such as:
- The high male suicide rate
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education and work including attainment, re-training, redundancy and unemployment
- Men’s health, shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths – plus the health impact of Covid-19
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care and the high rate of male deaths in custody)
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers
Some ideas on what you can do, can be found on our How to Mark International Men’s Day 2022 page
To see who did what in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018, please go to the events page and scroll backwards (see previous events) plus in 2021 these are some of the organisations that were involved, please click on any links and see what they did!.
We have suggested some men and boys’ charities you could support.
Please feel free to use the UK IMD logos and other backgrounds for all of your publicity material available to download through this link.
Thank you for your support.
If you need anymore information, please contact us.