Three themes for International Men’s Day UK 2020
Many organisations and people want to know what they can do to support International Men’s Day in the UK. To help, the Men and Boys Coalition charity that oversees the platform in the UK set out the three key themes which can be used to steer the direction or type of activity.
The three core themes for International Men’s Day in the UK are:
- Making a positive difference to the wellbeing and lives of men and boys
- Raising awareness and/or funds for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing
- Promoting a positive conversation about men, manhood and masculinity
These core themes help to address some of the issues that affect men and boys such as:
Please feel to browse this website for lots of great ideas on how you can contribute to International Men’s Day in the UK. And of course, please feel free to contact us.
- The high male suicide rate
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education including attainment and re-skilling
- Men’s health (including male cancers), shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care and the high rate of male deaths in custody)
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers